Originally called Avery Berkel, and known Worldwide.
In 1997 Avery Berkel announced that they would be closing down many of their Australian stores including its Tasmanian branches. The Tasmanian branches were purchased by four original employees of Avery Berkel in 1998.
Since taking over from Avery Berkel, Tasmanian Scale Company has continued to provide the highest quality service while expanding into customised software systems suitable for weighbridges and scales. As well as these advances we have vastly expanded our new scale range meaning that we are able to provide complete weighing solutions for any application.
Here are some of the many services that we are able to provide:
- Supply of new scales (ranging from lab balances right through to vehicle weighbridges)
- Calibration & service of existing equipment
- Repairs to existing scales of all makes and models (with a range of loan units we can eliminate downtime while repairs are being performed)
- Stamping and verification of retail and trade use scales
- Our longtime collaborations in the software industry means that we have weighing software packages for a wide field of uses and custom software can even be designed to suit your needs exactly!
- Some other products that we supply and service are labels for retail scales, household, production line scales, weighbridges, analytical, precision & compact balances, belt weighers, check weighers, test weights, automated portion/check weighing & labelling systems, weighbridge automation equipment & boom gates, meat slicers or anything else in between. No matter what size, we can find something to suit your needs!
With 3 locations (Hobart, Launceston and Burnie) servicing the whole of Tasmania, Contact us with any questions that you may have.